Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 12:44 PM

Steven Lord

Re: [64GB Physical RAM + 151GB free SSD space] - xlsread Error: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

"Yannick " <yannick.monye@cox.com> wrote in message
> Hey Steven,
>
> I was able to open the .CSV file in Excel although I did receive 2
> warnings:
>
> ==============================
> The file you are trying to open, filename, is in a different format than
> specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted ans
> is from a trusted source before opening the file. Dow you want to open the
> file now?"
> ==============================
>
> I clicked Yes and received another warning:
>
> ==============================
> "Excel has detected that filename is a SYLK file, but cannot load it.
> Either the file has errors or it is not a SYLK file format. Click OK to
> try to open the file in a different format."
> ==============================
>
> So then I saved my file as a new .XLSX file, tried loading that in MATLAB,
> and I received the same error. By the way, the 100MB+ .XLSX file loads
> fine in Microsoft Excel 2010.
>
> As mentioned before, the only lines of code I have uncommented are:
>
> ==============================
> clc
> clear
> [num,~,raw] = xlsread(filename);
>
> Any solutions?

If you haven't already, I recommend contacting Technical Support and
providing them with one of the files that causes XLSREAD to error. Without
being able to see the file it would be difficult to do a lot of diagnostic
work.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com