Topic: PCA
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 16, 2013 12:57 AM

Richard Owlett

Re: PCA

robert bristow-johnson wrote:
> On 2/15/13 9:15 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:

>>> The wikipedia page looks pretty good, and does explain
>>> that it
>>> is connected to SVD. It also has some nice pictures.
>>>
>>> -- glen
>>>

>> If you are referring to
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal_component_analysis,
>>
>> YUKK!
>>
>> Back in midst of last century that would be taken as
>> absolute proof that
>> engineers could not write.
>> Are they now being challenged ?????

> yeah, i couldn't decode the wikipedia article either.
>
> but i typed in "principal component analysis tutorial" into
> Google and got some pretty good hits. the one by this
> Lindsey Smith guy looks pretty good.

ROFL SNICKER *SNICKER* etc etc ;/

One of the reasons I was picking on Mr. Herrmannsfeldt was
lack of reference(s).
I'm going to use a WAG that you are referring to
http://www.ce.yildiz.edu.tr/personal/songul/file/1097/principal_components.pdf

Initially that looks more comprehensible.
BUT
Doth it say anything Chris didn't? {in a more concise
manner} snicker snicker ;/