Topic: What is Art?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 20, 2013 2:04 PM

Kevin

Re: What is Art?

On Feb 19, 12:03 pm, Immortalist <reanimater_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 9:51 am, Kevin <barry196...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Art is a ploy to make people believe that you're entitled to the
> > extravagent excess of money that you have in your possession. Ya know,
> > I have empathy with people like the Amish... I comprehend people like
> > the Amish but I'm nothing like the Amish, right? Being nothing like
> > the Amish means that there is the same sort of tension that exists
> > between myself and the Amish as exists between other people and the
> > Amish... The Amish might believe that Rap music is a scourge on
> > society... What might I say about it? (given the assumption that I
> > should disagree (That's the rule, isn't it? I can follow the rules...
> > Can you?)) Rap music is appreciated by women who are resilient... The
> > more desirable woman is not resilient and doesn't care for Rap
> > music... Rap music, by consensus, is an obsession that only society's
> > biggest losers care about, therefore, while the Amish may be entitled
> > to believe that Rap music is a scourge on society, the thing that I'm
> > focused on is the notion that Rap music, Rock & Roll, and that dang
> > blasted boogidy woogidy beat all belong in the same mixed bag. The
> > Amish can't escalate Rap music being a scourge on society to include
> > other forms of music that the Amish don't have a preferance for. Rap
> > fans are fatalistic and many other things as well but it really isn't
> > their fault... Structure doesn't exist that would enable societies
> > disaffected masses from having the kind of life that they are entitled
> > to have and it is due entirely to the abject failure of a government
> > that refuses to get it's head out of it's own ass. The Big Devil is
> > too big to exist... by way of extension, The Little Devil is too small
> > to exist... The Little Devil is even smaller than The Virgin Mary?
> > Believe it or Not!! Thanks, Amish... I, for one, appreciate you
> > contributions to physics if nobody else does.

> Is the mind, a software peacock's tail?
>
> The mind is an entertainment system, evolved only for the purpose of
> stimulating other brains. A software peacock's tail.
>
> Why the human mind evolved? Intelligence is not a by-product of
> surplus brain size, it actively evolved, like the peacock's tail, for
> courtship and mating, and thereby shaped human nature.
>
> Why does our species tell jokes, build monuments, compose sonatas,
> give to charity, compete in sports, follow fashion? Our endless
> inventiveness, our elaborate culture, seem to defy Darwinian
> explanation. They are our sexual ornaments, our peacocks' tails,
> displaying our value to potential mates.
>
> Sexual selection theory rather than natural selection-- is a theory
> about how the human mind has developed the sophistication of a
> peacock's tail to encourage sexual choice and the refining of art,
> morality, music, and literature. Mate choice, male or female may be
> the reason we have art and possibly even the (self).
>
> Why human brains have so much capacity for creativity, language, and
> [...]

My eyes have function and they only bring me pleasure... Are you
rationalizing the notion that my eyes have minds of their own? It
would be flattering for you to agree... I suppose by way of extension,
my ears bring me pain to compensate or balance.