Topic: Hopfield Neural Network
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 20, 2013 11:51 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Hopfield Neural Network

"Prateek " <malikprateek22@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have been trying to make a Hopfield Network to store the data i have
> which is a matrix of dimension 26X10000 but with no success following is
> the code i am writing and the errors which i am getting please help me out

>>> net=newhop(mat')
> ??? Out of memory. Type HELP MEMORY for your options.

"newhop(T) takes an RxQ matrix of Q target vectors T with element
values of +1 or -1, and returns a new Hopfield recurrent neural
network with stable points at the vectors in T."

So R is 10000 and Q is 26 in this case (since you transposed mat when you
called NEWHOP.) You're trying to take 26 10000-dimension vectors and
generate a network from them? Seems to me you have MUCH too small a data set
to be able to draw any sort of conclusions.

Do you instead want to operate on 10000 26-dimension vectors? That's
probably going to give you a better chance of success, though I'd guess
you'd do better with more data. If so, don't transpose.

Steve Lord