Topic: Does uniform distribution of integers imply a uniform
distribution of their bits?

Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 24, 2013 4:49 PM

Ray Koopman

Re: Does uniform distribution of integers imply a uniform
distribution of their bits?

On Feb 22, 10:59 am, Codeplug <graham.gre...@charter.net> wrote:
> Let's say I have a uniformly distributed set of 8-bit integers - [0, 255].
> If those integers are then concatenated to form a string of bits, are those bits also uniformly distributed?
>
> Thanks for the stat/math help :)
> gg

If the integers are uniform on [0, 2^n - 1], where n is a positive
integer, then YES.