Topic: Exporting MATLAB data in real time to Microsoft Excel 2007/2010
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 28, 2013 2:14 AM

ryanshuell@gmail.com

Re: Exporting MATLAB data in real time to Microsoft Excel 2007/2010

I would hazard a guess that this goal is NOT attainable. As an Excel export, I can tell you that Excel is a great analytical tool, but it is NOT a real-time data management tool. Let's say you want to show real-time prices of all S&P components in Excel; you would need to send tremendous volumes of data to Excel and Excel would simply get overwhelmed very quickly. If you want to update your securities prices, let's say once per minute, that would be doable, and more practical. Is that what you want to do? If so, post back, and I'll help you get started with this task.

Regards,
Ryan--