Topic: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium

Replies: 21   Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 3:22 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

for David Bernier, Drexel 2,878 but Google archived 2,400 Re: Google

On Mar 1, 1:33 am, David Bernier <david...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> On 03/01/2013 01:34 AM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>

> > On Feb 28, 8:21 am, dlzc <dl...@cox.net> wrote:
> >> Dear Archimedes Plutonium:

> >> Your posts are still there, Google just does not give a sh*t about odd search terms.  Add to this that some of your posts are off-topic in this newsgroup and get reported as spam, so they may no longer show up on searches.
>
> >> David A. Smith
>
> > I have tried the Advanced Search under author
> > plutonium.archime...@gmail.com and it appears that after May 2012,
> > Google pretty much stopped archiving authors. Perhaps Google is
> > getting out of the archiving business and leaving it to other
> > organizations such as Math Forum.

> > Take a look at your archive by Google and see if your posts after May
> > and June are still all there.

> > Of course Google would not alert its users of such a major shift and
> > change and (us, we) users would find out painfully many months later
> > what has happened.

> > Maybe I did not type in the correct search terms of author, but I
> > remember another poster many months back commenting also that Google
> > stopped archiving posts.

> > Maybe Google is trying to head in the direction where it allows
> > posting and reading, but no archiving.

> > AP
>
> That's sort of why I'm looking into:http://sci.tech-archive.net/
>
> The Search feature is a clickable non-descript area
> at the top of the page.
>
> Their archives for sci.math by year&month go back
> to June 1st 2004, approximately.
> for example from the math "bibles" thread:http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.math/2004-06/0031.html
>
> dave
>
> --
> dracut:/# lvm vgcfgrestore
> File descriptor 9 (/.console_lock) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID
> 993: sh
>    Please specify a *single* volume group to restore.

Alright, we need to assess the damages that Google has done with its
New-NewsGroups.

For Archimedes Plutonium, the Google Archive of my posts is stuck at
5,420 and interrupted its continuity of posts way back in May, June of
2012, about the time that the New-Newsgroups was being set up by
Google. Whereas Drexel's Math Forum had no interruption of archiving
posts and Drexel shows over 7,123 posts, about 2,000 more posts for
which Google should have saved in archive but failed to do so.

Now if I compare the history of David Bernier, a lad that is not hated
as is AP on the Internet, that David had 2,878 posts archived by
Drexel and had 2,400 posts archived by Google and as we can see, the
Google archive goes back to minutes ago posting, 2 hours ago and 7
hours ago posting by David. But for AP, a author search in Google
starts around May, June of 2012.

So what Google has set up as an archive in the sci. newsgroups, is a
chat room sci newsgroup, where participants destroy the posts of
others in the archive.

Apparently, an employee/s of Google have set upon the task of
eliminating the posting archive of Archimedes Plutonium.

The response is clear. We need more Drexel Universities to do a
sci.physics, another to do a sci.biology, another college to do a
sci.geology, another to do sci.chemistry until every science has a
Drexel type of University that hosts that science forum. We can no
longer have a money making outfit-- Google-- to take a hosting role
over the science news.

AP

Date Subject Author
2/28/13
Read Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/28/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bostwick
2/28/13
Read Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
.
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read I nominate University of Cincinnati for sci.logic; Utah State
University for sci.physics
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read is Jeff Relf a Google employee responsible for the AP missing archive posts?
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
.
3/1/13
Read Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
Graham Cooper
3/1/13
Read Colleges and Universities hosting the sci. newsgroups, not commercial companies
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
Graham Cooper
3/2/13
Read To make a lasting/meaningful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
.
3/2/13
Read putting sci. newsgroups into the control of Universities as host, not Google
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
David Bostwick
3/1/13
Read Is Dr. Cameron Sullards of Georgia Tech, is he David E. Bostwick in disguise??
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
blackhead
2/28/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
nuny@bid.ness
3/2/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
bradguth@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to be
systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to
be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bernier
3/1/13
Read for David Bernier, Drexel 2,878 but Google archived 2,400 Re: Google
appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bostwick