Topic: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium

Replies: 21   Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 3:22 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

putting sci. newsgroups into the control of Universities as host, not Google

On Mar 1, 8:13 pm, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
>   No, Archimedes?Plutonium, I don't work for Google or anything like that. Few of my own posts get indexed by Google Groups; to get indexed, a post must have "quality" replies. To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia; Google Groups is uncensored, it's too wild to index fully. Were G.G. fully indexed, people would use it to game the system, to boost the rank of certain web sites.

Thanks, I am beginning to see the picture you are trying to present on
Google. But can you stop showing off with that black background.

You could have made it more clear in your presentation.

Most of us still view sci. newsgroups in Old Google, and the part that
escaped me was
that in New-Google-Newsgroups is this thing called **fully indexed**
important.

In Old Google, **fully indexed** was irrelevant. I remember in Spring
of 2012 that after I posted, I could see my post in the Google archive
minutes later, or almost simultaneous to when I had sent it, much like
what Drexel Math Forum has now of about a few minutes delay. So in Old
Google, the archiving was natural. But with New Google, this issue of
gaming the system would require a depleted archive.

So thanks for explaining why the archive of Google ran aground
sometime in late May early June of 2012 when the New Google Newsgroups
got started. They had to destroy or ruin the archiving in order to
bring on their new system.

So that leaves me and others concerned about having something better
than Google because we need a archiving and we like to have less
search engine bombing.

If we look at Drexel's Math Forum, it is far better than Google New
Newsgroup. It's only major problem is that it is confined to
mathematics. So what we need is more Universities willing to host a
science subject. We need a University to do sci.physics, another to do
sci.chem, etc etc, so that every science has a University that hosts
the subject. We model them after Drexel's Math Forum.

Now if we had all the sciences hosted by various Universities, Usenet
would have likely been far better rather than when Google emerged with
Usenet over the past 15 years. I say that because hatemongers like
Uncle Al or various others would not have been so destructive since
what magnified their destructive influence was the search engine
bombing that they harnessed with Google. If you look at Drexel's Math
Forum, the most destructive characters there were AdamK, facile Bacle
the imbecile, Kevin and BroilJab. But for some reasons, they never
really upset me in the Math Forum, but upsetting on Google. Perhaps it
is the magnification of their abuse by search engine bombing that made
Google newsgroup distasteful, and not Math Forum.

So maybe the clearcut evolution of the science newsgroups is for
Google to turn it into a repulsive chat room. And for Universities
across the world to individually host the various science newsgroups
like Drexel's Math Forum.

The only reason I stay with Google is the ability to post out and to
read on Old Newsgroups, but if those two functions were gone and only
New Google Newsgroup remained then I would say goodbye to Google. Then
I would spend my time with Drexel.

So I please need people to look into and seek Colleges and
Universities to set up a sci.physics, sci.chem and all the other
sciences hosted by Universities in the same way Drexel hosts sci.math.
That I feel was the natural evolution intended for the science
newsgroups. That it was unnatural for a corporate entity like Google
to so to speak "own"
the newsgroups and try to make money from them. Science never thrives
in an environment where the owners, after all, will look for ways of
making money. Science thrives in the environment of education, the
thirst to know, to learn, to be curious.

So let us not delay, but rather immediately seek Colleges and
Universities to set up all the science newsgroups, just like Drexel
with sci.math.

AP

Date Subject Author
2/28/13
Read Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/28/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bostwick
2/28/13
Read Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
.
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read I nominate University of Cincinnati for sci.logic; Utah State
University for sci.physics
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read is Jeff Relf a Google employee responsible for the AP missing archive posts?
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
.
3/1/13
Read Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
Graham Cooper
3/1/13
Read Colleges and Universities hosting the sci. newsgroups, not commercial companies
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
Graham Cooper
3/2/13
Read To make a lasting/meaningful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
.
3/2/13
Read putting sci. newsgroups into the control of Universities as host, not Google
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
David Bostwick
3/1/13
Read Is Dr. Cameron Sullards of Georgia Tech, is he David E. Bostwick in disguise??
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
blackhead
2/28/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
nuny@bid.ness
3/2/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
bradguth@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to be
systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to
be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bernier
3/1/13
Read for David Bernier, Drexel 2,878 but Google archived 2,400 Re: Google
appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bostwick