Topic: Finding an easy substitution for a complicated function
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 12, 2013 6:51 AM

Torsten

Re: Finding an easy substitution for a complicated function

"Asma" wrote in message <kh6uu9$jgm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have a very tedious function (including arctan, arcsin, sqrt etc) having a number of controlling parameters.
> When I plot this function, I get a simple exponential looking curve.
>
> I want to approximate my function with a non-linear function possibly an exponential exp(-lambda*x), a sum of exponentials or any simple function. But I want this approximation to incorporate all parameters (i.e. lambda should be a function of all controlling parameters).
>
> Kindly tell me how can I substitute a complicated function with a simple function through Matlab.

So you want to get complicated response from a simple function type ?
In general this won't be possible.

Best wishes
Torsten.