Topic: NyaN fractions and partitioning of Naturals into other NyaN bases
then ternary.

Replies: 13   Last Post: Mar 16, 2013 5:36 AM

fom

Re: NyaN fractions and partitioning of Naturals into other NyaN bases
then ternary.

On 3/15/2013 12:39 PM, FredJeffries wrote:
> On Mar 15, 9:27 am, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Another thing i always wondered why is radians used and not fractions
>> to describe angles, i mean the unit circle has one turn?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_trigonometry

What is the linear measure of the locus comprising "one turn"?

What fraction of "one turn" is a semicircle?

What is the length of the chord associated with a semicircle?

As for fractions, what was the earliest estimate for pi?

(hint: pi=3)

As for fractions, what numerical base did those early
mathematical pioneers use for counting?

(hint: 60)

So, who is to blame for the stupid mathematics (pi=/=3)
that the stupid mathematicians keep pushing on practical
people?

(I don't know. But legend has it that the Pythagoreans
threw him over the side of a boat at sea.)