Topic: Feynman's double-slit experiment gets a makeover
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 17, 2013 10:31 AM

Tom Potter

Re: Feynman's double-slit experiment gets a makeover

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 3/17/13 7:41 AM, Tom Potter wrote:
>> I didn't know that Thomas Young changed his name to Richard Feynman.
>
> It's a *pity, Potter*, that you don't *perceive* the differences
> between Thomas Young and Richard Feynman double slit experiments.

It appears that my pal Sammy is **not** saying that
most ignorant people have been conditioned
to call Thomas Young's double slit experiments
Richard Feynman double slit experiments,

he is saying that
most ignorant people have been conditioned
to call Claus Jonsson's double slit experiments
Richard Feynman double slit experiments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

"When Thomas Young (1773-1829) first demonstrated this phenomenon,
it indicated that light consists of waves,
as the distribution of brightness can be explained
by the alternately additive and subtractive interference of wavefronts."

"A double-slit experiment was not performed with anything other than light
until 1961,
when Clauss Jönsson of the University of Tübingen performed it with
electrons.
In 2002, Jönsson's double-slit experiment was voted
"the most beautiful experiment" by readers of Physics World."

To be fair,
maybe my pal Sammy was not conditioned by the Mass Media,
but actually thinks that an experimental discovery should be credited
to the last person who writes a book about it.

Sammy's position is somewhat different from the Mass Media's
position. Since Pulitzer began to use the Mass Media
to promote the fiction that Jews are intelligent, virtuous victims,
the Mass Media tends to credit any great discovery,
past and present, to the nearest Jew.

--
Tom Potter

http://the-cloud-machine.tk