Topic: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Replies: 77   Last Post: Mar 19, 2013 11:02 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?

On 19 Mrz., 15:48, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:
> On 3/19/2013 7:28 AM, WM wrote:

> >> What then are some examples
> >> of rules that invent these
> >> further names?

> > If 5 and 6 are given, mathematics defines how to produce 11.
>
> Who gave you 5 and 6?

My father or mother, I think. But why is that important?

> You have rejected classical mathematics.

No.

> Markov is the example of how to develop "the given"
> for a constructible mathematics based on marks.

I do not need Markov for that sake.

> What you expect from your statement is an agreement
> concerning illocutionary acts between language users.
>
> You have stated that repeatedly with regard to the
> nature of how a name comes to have meaning.
>
> But you deny any responsibility for participating
> in an interplay of implicature by which to establish
> such meaning.
>
> What, then, did you come here to teach?
>
> I demand to know the meaning of your terms from
> first principles.

Try to forget what you have learned about mathematics and philosophy.
Start with the four species +,-,*,: and the tables. That is the
foundation from which all sensical mathematics follows. And that is
given. There is no need to try to find principles.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
3/14/13
Read Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
David Petry
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
David Petry
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
David Petry
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/17/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
3/17/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
3/18/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/18/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
3/19/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
[...]
harold james
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Jesse F. Hughes
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
David Petry
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/16/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/16/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
3/16/13
[...]
Read Re: WM's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/17/13