Topic: finding interpolated elements between 2 arrays
Replies: 6   Last Post: Mar 20, 2013 9:40 AM

dpb

Re: finding interpolated elements between 2 arrays

On 3/19/2013 10:16 PM, Jonathan W Smith wrote:
> dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kias80$gik$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 3/19/2013 5:44 PM, Jonathan W Smith wrote:
>>

>> > Another way to look at it is the following if
>> >
>> > A(1,2,:) = [900, 800, 700, 600, 500] and B(1,2,:) = [823, 689, 558] ,
>> > how do I find the elements given in B in A?

>> Maybe so, but I don't see it, however I look. "The elements given in B
>> in A" aren't...
>>
>> What result do you want and show how you get it from the above...

> I want to show an array C Where C(1,2,:) = [900, 823, 800, 700, 689,
> 600, 558, 500]. Would this be an interpolation> If I were to plot this,
> I would want to see values spaced out exponentially from each other.

That's simply concatenating the two and sorting...

C=sort([A(1,2,:) B(1,2,:)],1,'descend');

How they would be plotted would depend on the independent variable
values you chose to plot them against. If they're given for both A and
B, one would presume the same ordering would hold for them as well.