Topic: error control coding
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 26, 2013 10:05 AM

Steven Lord

Re: error control coding

"thelapolu naveen" <naveen.8t9@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I am getting below error when i try to run the loop,
>
> ??? Error using ==> sym.sym>tomupad at 2178
> Conversion to 'sym' from 'gf' is not possible.
>
> Error in ==> sym.sym>sym.sym at 111
> S.s = tomupad(x,'');
>
> Error in ==> sym.sym>sym.mtimes at 183
> if ~isa(B,'sym'), B = sym(B); end
>
> Error in ==> igh at 72
> p(i,:)=x*s(i)+x^(3)*i
>
> where s(i) is a syndrome defined in galois field 2,and i declared 'x 'as
> symbolic variable (syms x),here i am looking to collect the coefficients
> of the equation into p(i,:).Can any one give some suggessions.
> Thanking you,

You can't combine symbolic objects and GF objects.

What I would do is create x as a polynomial in your Galois field then use
CONV to perform the multiplication.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/comm/ug/error-detection-and-correction.html#fp5685

--
Steve Lord