Topic: The function textscan
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 28, 2013 5:53 PM

dpb

Re: The function textscan

On 3/28/2013 10:09 AM, Steven_Lord wrote:
> "dpb" <none@non.net> wrote in message news:kit8ad$9f$1@speranza.aioe.org...
>> On 3/26/2013 4:56 PM, Steven_Lord wrote:
>>> "dpb" <none@non.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> *snip*

>>> I agree that it can be an advantage. It can also be a complication.

As an aside, but not to forget it, one additional complication in
textscan() is that it has at least a couple of bugs in parsing formats
that exist in neither textread() nor Xscanf() that have been discovered
through posters having problems parsing files within the last several
months (being relatively new and complicated that's not surprising; it's
a compliment to the developers there aren't more blatant ones).

I've submitted a bug report on one and another was observed by another
TMW employee (I forget specifically who now, it was a sig I didn't
recognize iirc) who saw the thread and I presume that person saw that it
was added.