Topic: Arthur C. Clarke's "The Wall of Darkness" - what's the point?
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 2, 2013 3:31 PM

Guest

Watch Watch this User
Re: Arthur C. Clarke's "The Wall of Darkness" - what's the point?

Robert Clark <rgregoryclark@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for bringing this thread up again which I hadn't seen when it
> first appeared. I didn't know Clarke had written such a story with
> such a highly abstract mathematical topic at its focus. As the others
> mentioned, I think Clarke just wanted to write a story based on the
> topological concept of a "one-sided" surface.

I thought I was familiar with all of ACC's science fiction, but I must have
overlooked this one. I've just read it - a most interesting storyline.
Thanks to the OP for mentioning it.

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l