Topic: Binomial where a=1?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 5, 2013 2:07 PM

David Bernier

Re: Binomial where a=1?

On 04/03/2013 06:50 PM, Bart Goddard wrote:
> Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote in

>> Is there a special name for a binomial where a=1:
>> (a+b)^n = (1+b)^n ?
>> Something like "uninomial", "unomial" or "anomial"?

> "Geometric series."

(1+b)^n = sum_{k=0 ... n} C(n, k) b^k ;

so, I think we still have the binomial coefficients in the
expansion, and don't see that it's a genuine geometric series
on the right hand side ...

David Bernier

Jesus is an Anarchist. -- J.R.