Topic: find position in a list made by string by searching
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 4, 2013 10:30 PM

Bob Hanlon

Re: find position in a list made by string by searching

list1 = {"a", "b something", "a", "a", "b", "c", "b"};

pos = Position[list1, _String?(
StringLength[#] > 1 &&
StringTake[#, 1] == "b" &)]

Bob Hanlon