Topic: axes text flipped upside down after new videocard
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 14, 2014 10:49 AM

matt dash

Re: axes text flipped upside down after new videocard

"exosceleton" <exosceleton@hotmail.com> wrote in message <kjucjt$o8m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Since I put in a different videocard I have 1 script with guide generated fig that displays all text, like axis labels with every letter reversed and upside down.
>
> So the start of the word is still on the left, and the letters are in the correct order, just every letter is individually flipped vertically. It looks very strange.
>
> if i step trough the opening function i can see the axes is drawn normally, but as soon as there is a plot or image command the letters become flipped.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. It's quite a large complicated script/fig so i dont want to remake it from scratch.
>
> Other scripts i've tested do not have the same problem. Old and new ones.
>
> thanks

I've had this problem. AFAIK it only affects the opengl renderer, so if you can use painters or zbuffer that should fix it. But I also fixed it for opengl by changing the figure's wvisual property (if you're using windows)... just try different settings til it works.