Topic: Based on the quadrilateral tree
Replies: 14   Last Post: May 8, 2013 7:00 PM

kirby urner

Re: Based on the quadrilateral tree

You can kill two virtual birds with one stone if you introduce the
concepts of version control, a branching tree, forking and so on
(Github) -- geek language -- along with Geometry as an example
of such: a Github-like tree.

Suppose we add a fork to the tree such that our model of 3rd power
growth 1, 8, 27, 64... is a regular tetrahedron of edges N, rather
than a cube. Might we develop in this direction to come up with some
interesting geometry?

It's already been done (more pioneers welcome) and put in the language
of version control, it's not even a threat to say so. Indeed, a
"tree" is a mathematical structure, and it's just as well that we
should see all of mathematics in terms of one (but then it's also a
network).

Kirby