Topic: Merging multiple matrices
Replies: 4   Last Post: May 9, 2013 10:56 AM

Martijn van Sebille

Re: Merging multiple matrices

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <kmg9vm$o98$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Martijn van Sebille" wrote in message <kmg978$ljp$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Dear,
> >
> > I am trying to efficiently merge multiple matrices, combining their maximal values. For example:
> > If A = [1 1 2; 1 2 1; 2 1 1] and B = [3 1 1; 1 3 1; 1 1 3], then their maximal values combined would be: C = [3 1 2; 1 3 1; 2 1 3].

> C = max(A,B)
>
> If you have several, e.g., A1, A2, ...., A100, consider the for loop or using 3d array as temporary variable:
>
> C = { A1 , A2, ... A100 }
> C = max(cat(3,C{:}),[],3);
>
> % Bruno

Thank you very much. The last suggestion works very well!
Do you also happen to know how to construct the C = { A1 , A2, ... A100 } struct, without hardcoding the number of elements?
At the moment I have 4 elements, so C = { A1, A2, A3, A4 }; However, the number of elements depends on other variables in my script, which I would like to be able to change. How could I program C so that is flexible like that?
I hope it is clear what I mean.

Regards,
Martijn