Topic: Applications and Packages, WRI Strikes Out!
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jun 11, 2013 2:26 AM

David Bailey

Re: Applications and Packages, WRI Strikes Out!

On 07/06/2013 04:15, djmpark wrote:
> Well I'm tempted but this seems to be a function that is so tightly
> integrated with regular Mathematica and WRI procedures that I hesitate to
> learn and use an outside method. Do you handle multiple package files in one
> Application? The automatic link button on usage messages? Links to notebooks
> that use private Application style sheets? Automatic Options tables on the
> Function pages? Out of place loading of `Private` definitions when all that
> is needed is the exported symbols with their Context? CellID links that will
> open a notebook to a selected cell in a closed section rather than keeping
> it hidden?

Although I have a package which I use privately to create documentation,
I have simply published information about how to use various functions
that are built into Mathematica:

http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk/m_documentation/m_documentation.html

Or examine the standard package "DocumentationSearch`".

Their names gave away their functionality - it wasn't a hard job. The
crucial task is to create the special table that lets your symbols
respond to F1 in the same way as the built in symbols.

My impression is that the WB probably actually calls Mathematica to
implement this functionality - otherwise why are these functions present
in Mathematica!

My explorations were sufficient for my needs, and certainly don't cover
the extras you describe, but I think it is highly likely that all those
features are also actually implemented inside Mathematica!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk