Topic: Mainstream Mathematics?
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jun 16, 2013 2:07 PM

David Bernier

Re: Mainstream Mathematics?

On 06/12/2013 11:31 AM, amzoti wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:57:57 PM UTC-7, Norbert_Paul wrote:
>> Just a question.
>>

>> Is there any classical main-stream mathematician hanging
>>
>> around in this newsgroup? I am new to this channel and the
>>
>> postings here are, er..., quite special. Also my kill-list
>>
>> is about to spill over.
>>

>> NP

> Try: http://math.stackexchange.com/questions (not a newsgroup, but at least there is some control)

I currently have 190 filters on for sci.math .

Most delete messages if From: matches ----- [variable].

The variations "enhance" a post by, instead of deleting,
adding a green tag, or adding an orange tag.

Once a new filter rule is created, I can run it immediately
and retroactively on all sci.math messages.

This below is made for email in Thunderbird, but
has some crossover with filters for Usenet:

< http://kb.mozillazine.org/Message_Filters > .

David Bernier

--
99997066781489109195113098994290469881614963208468

Date Subject Author
6/11/13
Read Mainstream Mathematics?
Norbert_Paul
[...]