Topic: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Replies: 52   Last Post: Jul 5, 2013 1:27 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Jul 3, 2013 4:44 PM (GSC's remarks follow):

> On Jul 2, 2013, at 5:22 PM, Wayne Bishop
> <wbishop@calstatela.edu> wrote:
>

> > Your perspective is not PC, of course, but I'm sure
> you are right.
>
> I didn't say I like it. I don't like it. But all of
> us here that enjoy the "sense" learn early (as
> children) that we must hide it when amongst general
> population. Even amongst those we thought to be
> bright. We are mutants.:)

"X-MEN FOREVER!" no doubt?

It really makes me want to ROFLMGO when some of us make disparaging comments about "the general population".

Despite our 'exceptional brightness', we remarkably appear to be unable to comprehend that we 'mutants' are largely the major contributors to a great many of the world's problems that may render the human race extinct (or at least send it into decline). Even the abyss, should we happen to fall into it, would have been mostly dug by us 'mutants'.

GSC
("Still Shoveling!")

Date Subject Author
6/28/13
Read Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/28/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
6/28/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
stefen
7/1/13
[...]
7/2/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/2/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Louis Talman
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
7/4/13
[...]
Anna Roys
[...]