Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 8:54 PM

fom

Re: Matheology § 300

On 7/7/2013 4:26 AM, mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 July 2013 23:59:55 UTC+2, fom wrote:
>

>> No statement has been falsified before it is expressed.
>
> Just yours has been wrong before you wrote it already.
> Another example: There cannot be a flase statement."

One difference is that my statement contains a
temporal index, whereas yours does not.

You seem unable to be consistent with your own
views on falsifiability.

>> You engage in a search for statements that cannot be falsified.
>
> False. As a physicist I engaged in a search for statements that hopefully will not be falsified.

Thus, physics is a "hopeful" enterprise.

Why do you "hope" for such things?

I will not repeat myself concerning the
objectives of "science" in relation to
political advantage.

You engage in a search for statements that cannot be falsified.

You do so with purpose. You may call it "hope" if you prefer
Orwellian newspeak.