Topic: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Replies: 33   Last Post: Jul 19, 2013 10:22 PM

Victor Porton

Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize

Arturo Magidin wrote:
> On Monday, July 15, 2013 12:26:18 PM UTC-5, Victor Porton wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I have written the book "Algebraic General Topology. Volume 1" with a
>> wholly
>>
>> new approach to general topology.
>>

>> Currently the book is available online in PDF form:
>>
>> http://www.mathematics21.org/binaries/volume-1.pdf
>>

>> The book is accessible even for beginning students (the only prerequisite
>> is
>>
>> basic set theory).
>>

>> It is under peer review of a mathematics publisher now.
>>

>> Please nominate me for Abel Prize thanks to my authorship of this book
>> which
>>
>> revolutionizes general topology.
>>

>> See details at:
>>
>> http://www.mathematics21.org/abel-prize.html

> The Abel prize has been given to people with a life-time of results that
> were not only impressive on their own, but that have had a lasting and
> deep impact on the subject.
>
> Even assuming without granting your completely evidence-lacking assertions
> about the importance of your work as it currently stands, it has not had
> the impact that would make such a nomination warranted.

Maybe it concerns all earlier awarded Abel prizes, but it seems that nothing
on the prize's site says that the work should already have an impact on
others' work already done.

> In the meantime, you sound like nothing less than a self-deluded crank;
> I'm not saying this is an accurate description of you of your work, only
> what your perennial whining for recongition makes you look like.

You can consider likehood of anything, but the only way to check whether I
am a mathematician or a crank is to read my writings. You have the URL of my
book above. Enjoy its reading.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

Date Subject Author
7/15/13
Read Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/16/13
Read Re: Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/18/13
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
grei
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read please don't nominate me for TetrahedronometrY; thank YoU
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Jens Stuckelberger
7/18/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Peter Percival
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
FredJeffries@gmail.com
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
fom
7/19/13