Topic: How to make Rubi show the result all the time when ShowSteps=True?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 17, 2013 9:41 AM

Peter Pein

Re: How to make Rubi show the result all the time when ShowSteps=True?

Am 06.07.2013 10:15, schrieb Albert Rich:
> On Friday, July 5, 2013 9:31:39 PM UTC-10, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
>

>> I am little confused by this behavior of Rubi. on some integrands,
>> when setting ShowSteps=True, the result of integration is not displayed
>> but only the rules are.

> When ShowSteps is True, Rubi displays only a single step of the integration. To see successive steps, successively evaluate the intermediate results using Shift+Enter.
>
> Perhaps some hot-shot Mathematica user could tell us how to automate the show-step process...
>
> Albert

I never used "Defer" before, so this might be unnecessary complicated.
With a toy function as example:

Block[{Defer = HoldForm},
Most[FixedPointList[
Composition[Evaluate, ToExpression, ToString, InputForm,
ReleaseHold],
HoldForm[Int][(Sqrt[x] + 2 + x^2)/(x + Sqrt[2 + x^2]), x]]]]

this prints the applied rules and returns a list of the intermediate
results. If you want the result only, but the should print, change
"Most[FixedPointList[...]]" to "FixedPoint[...]"

Peter