Topic: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Replies: 33   Last Post: Jul 19, 2013 10:22 PM

magidin@math.berkeley.edu

Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize

On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:34:06 AM UTC-5, Victor Porton wrote:
> Arturo Magidin wrote:
>

> > What little I have read shows that you are a lousy writer. So much so that
>
> > it is impossible to render accurate judgements as to the quality of your
>
> > mathematics. Which puts you all the closer to the crank camp.
>

> Maybe it may help if you read my short slides presentation before reading my
>
> book.

That is a preposterous proposition. If you can write slides intelligibly, you should be able to write a book and exposition even better. Since you apparently cannot do the latter, I doubt your ability to do the former and will not waste my time.

> However to read the presentation you need to know about basic topology
>
> (including proximity spaces and pretopologies), order theory, lattices,
>
> Galois connections, co-brouwerian lattices before reading my slides.

As it happens, dear boy, I happen to know a lot about all of those topics. So my lack of appreciation of your prose does not come, as you so backhandedly imply, from ignorance.

> (To read the book the only pre-requisite for the contrary is basic set
>
> theory.)
>

> My slides where the basics of my work are presented to be easily readable:
>

> http://www.mathematics21.org/binaries/present.pdf
>

> Because the slides are short, you can read it quickly. Maybe it may help to
>
> understand my book read afterward.

Maybe one day you will drop the attitude and get a clue. For example: soliciting a nomination for the Abel prize is silly; soliciting on the basis of a VERY BADLY written self-published book is ludicrous. Doing so in sci.math is just plain stupid.

So, no. I will not waste my time reading it.

--
Arturo Magidin

Date Subject Author
7/15/13
Read Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/16/13
Read Re: Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/18/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
grei
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read please don't nominate me for TetrahedronometrY; thank YoU
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Jens Stuckelberger
7/18/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Peter Percival
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
FredJeffries@gmail.com
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
fom
7/19/13