Topic: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Replies: 33   Last Post: Jul 19, 2013 10:22 PM

Peter Percival

Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize

Victor Porton wrote:

> It is under peer review of a mathematics publisher now.

It will be rejected.

> Please nominate me for Abel Prize thanks to my authorship of this book which
> revolutionizes general topology.

I know nothing about these things, but you seem to have an exaggerated
idea of your work's value. Just spend a few minutes reviewing what the
Abel prize winners have done (done in mathematics generally, and done to
get the prize); do you really think you are on a par with them?

--
"there can be such a group where informally it's impossible to know
the truth value of the abelian expression Axy[x + y = y + x]"

Nam Nguyen

Date Subject Author
7/15/13
Read Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/16/13
Read Re: Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/18/13
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
grei
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read please don't nominate me for TetrahedronometrY; thank YoU
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Jens Stuckelberger
7/18/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Peter Percival
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
FredJeffries@gmail.com
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
fom
7/19/13