Topic: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Replies: 24   Last Post: Jul 27, 2013 12:38 PM

Peter Percival

Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols

apoorv wrote:

> I know; i was on threads dying out. Godels theorem gives a specific self referential sentence.
> And all I wanted to know is what is its number per the coding used by him. But that is not to be
> Found anywhere ,not in texts, not on the net, and not in this group. So I guess my question
> Is Ilframed, maybe it is some uncomputable number,

No, it is computable, but you would need to take his "this is not
provable" statement, re-express it using primitive notation (i.e. get
rid of all defined symbols) and then assign numbers to its constituents,
and so on. Getting rid of the defined terms is already a daunting task.

--
Nam Nguyen in sci.logic in the thread 'Q on incompleteness proof'
on 16/07/2013 at 02:16: "there can be such a group where informally

Date Subject Author
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Aatu Koskensilta
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
David C. Ullrich
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Sandy
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/12/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/15/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/16/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/19/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/19/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Peter Percival
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/22/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/22/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/23/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/23/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/24/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/27/13