Topic: angle dy/dx for y = 1/x function #15 Uni-textbook 7th ed.: TRUE
CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept

Replies: 10   Last Post: Jul 22, 2013 2:40 PM

JT

Re: angle dy/dx for y = 1/x function #15 Uni-textbook 7th ed.: TRUE

Den måndagen den 22:e juli 2013 kl. 00:11:50 UTC+2 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
> [...]

> > So, I have plotted y = 1/x
>

> > x=.1, y = 1/.1 = 10
>

> > x=.2, y = 1/.2 = 10/2 = 5
>

> > x=.3, y = 1/.3 = 10/3 = 3.3 (remember we are in 10 Grid and the only numbers that exist are 3.3 and not 3.33 so we truncate.)
>

> > So now plotting those points on the graph which we shortly will apply the protractor for angles. But first, let us do the derivative by length.
>

> > From x interval .1 to .3 is of length .3-.1 = .2 for a dx. Now for a dy we have 10 - 3.3 = 6.7 for a dy and we have thus dy/dx = 6.7/.2 = 33.5 for a derivative. Let us see what the angles of dy/dx yields.
>

> > So now, plot the points (.1,10) and (.2,5) and (.3,3.3) and then with ruler connect them. Now remember, in True Calculus there are no curved lines, but only a collection of straightline segments. In the case of y =1/x
>

> > every cell has its straightline segment and the overall function is this compilation or collection of straightline segments that may begin to look like a "curve" but is not a curve, for curves do not exist in mathematics. When you have a borderline between finite and infinite, this borderline causes there to be no curves in mathematics.
>

> > So now, let us slide the protractor up to the point of the graph of (.1,5) and measure that angle and I get between 87 and 88 degrees which corresponds to the other angle as 3 and 2 degrees and we have 87/3 =29 and 88/2 = 44 for a derivative and we had a derivative of
>

> > 33.5 using the length means of dy/dx. Well, the length means is more accurate than the angle means, for we never had to measure the length but found it from algebra. And I warned the reader that we lose in accuracy with angle measure.
>

> > But that is one side of the function y = 1/x, before the function reaches x = 1 and the function behaves better past x =1, and behaves so well that it is the logarithmic defined function once it reaches x = 1. So in my next post, let me check out three cells past x = 1 to see if the dy/dx angles matches the length measure to determine the derivative.
>

> > AP
>

> Can i ask you AP why do not you use revolutions instead of degrees?
>
> It is just taking the degress/360 and you get the numbers as revolutions.
>
> Or why not do like the ancient Baybylonian, Persian and Egyptian write the revolutions as fractions?
>

> So your angle is 90 degrees and you want to express it as a fraction to not lose any accuracy in your digts.
>

> 90/360 this you can simplify by finding the greatest common factor, which turn out to be 4.
>

> So 90 degrees is 1/4 revolution?
>

> And now you do not have to worry about losing accuracy when adding, subtracing, dividing and multiplying angles.
>

> Go for a change use revolutions instead of degrees.
>
> Would it not be better not losing accuracy in your computations?

Sorry greatest common factor is 90

Date Subject Author
7/20/13
Read angle dy/dx for y = 1/x function #15 Uni-textbook 7th ed.: TRUE
CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/21/13
Read Re: angle dy/dx for y = 1/x function #15 Uni-textbook 7th ed.: TRUE
CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
JT
7/21/13
Read Re: angle dy/dx for y = 1/x function #15 Uni-textbook 7th ed.: TRUE
CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
JT
7/22/13
Read quantum spin 1/2 explained as circumnavigation of a triangle instead
of the enclosed square; why we need 120 system not 360
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/22/13
Read Re: quantum spin 1/2 explained as circumnavigation of a triangle