Topic: plot gradient vectors over image
Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 9:48 AM

Josh Meyer

Re: plot gradient vectors over image

>"amira ali" <amiraali2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
> please
> how can i plot gradient vectors over image using this function
>
> [Gx,Gy] = gradient2( I )
> % Gx - [hxwxk] x-gradient (horizontal)
> % Gy - [hxwxk] y-gradient (vertical)
>
> thanks

I assume you mean "gradient" and not "gradient2"

At any rate, it sounds like you want the quiver function:
"quiver(x,y,u,v) plots velocity vectors as arrows with components (u,v) at
the points (x,y)."

More info here: http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/quiver.html