Topic: A finite set of all naturals
Replies: 5   Last Post: Aug 24, 2013 1:22 AM

Peter Percival

Re: A finite set of all naturals

Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 23/08/2013 1:46 PM, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
>

>> The example I gave (odd(x) <-> Ey[Sx=2*y]) is clearly positive according
>> to the definition he gave.

> But by the same token, I've defined odd(x) in _two different_ classes
> of languages: one in which odd(x) is positive, one in which odd(x)
> is negative.
>
> End of the story.

And which of those languages are you using when writing about cGC? Why
not define that language and define positive/negative for it? If
positive/negative depend on the language and you won't specify it and
stick to it, how can anyone make sense of your claims?

--
Sorrow in all lands, and grievous omens.
Great anger in the dragon of the hills,