Topic: Capture function input and determine input variable type
Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 28, 2013 10:09 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Capture function input and determine input variable type

"Angelia " <tianqiuhua@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <kvibjo$k7p$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

>> "Angelia " <tianqiuhua@gmail.com> wrote in message

*snip*

> I allow myFun to be called in only these ways
> myFun() (This one I can do by checking nargin)
> myFun(1)
> myFun('2')
> myFun(3, '4')
> But I can't distinguish between the two cases with one single input.
> Hmm how should I use class?

What do these lines of code return?

classOfNumber = class(1)
classOfString = class('2')

Can you think of a way to use this information (perhaps with ISEQUAL or
SWITCH) to validate your inputs?

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com