Topic: Change xlabel of subplot with already stored figure
Replies: 8   Last Post: Sep 12, 2013 5:59 PM

dpb

Re: Change xlabel of subplot with already stored figure

On 9/11/2013 4:07 PM, Sankalp Dayal wrote:

...[ top posting repaired; please don't--hard conversation follow makes]...

> dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <l0qfa7$hgh$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 9/11/2013 1:24 PM, Sankalp Dayal wrote:
>> > I have an already stored figure which has 2 subplots. When I now
>> open it and want to change the xlabel of first plot and use
>>> subplot(2,1,1) it creates a new plot.
>> >

>> > uiopen('figname.fig');
>> > h = gca;
>> > hold(h);
>> > subplot(2,1,1);
>> > %Here it creates a new plot instead of keeping the old one.
>> > xlabel('Samples at 50 Hz')

>> uiopen('figname.fig');
>> for i=1:2
>> h(i)= subplot(2,1,i);
>> xlabel(h(i),'Samples at 50 Hz')
>> end
>>
>> works fine here...

>> Yes I had tried that before, it works for some saved figures but not for
>> all.

That's not your posted code did, precisely.

Can only only debug what can see.

How were the figures that work saved vis a vis the ones that don't?
Something's clearly different in that case -- perhaps some have the two
subplots oriented the other direction or somesuch so that the described
behavior would be expected as it wouldn't match the previous locations
and hence a new would be expected to be created.

Need to see _exactly_ what failed and perhaps images of figures that
did/didn't would help.