Topic: 64bits and memory problem
Replies: 18   Last Post: Oct 2, 2013 5:39 AM

Jagvaral

Re: 64bits and memory problem

"ste me" wrote in message <hb5bq3$frt$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I recently shifted to Ubuntu@64bits and I have a problem with Matlab r2009a&memory.
>
> The code makes use of a C file which is compiled via

> >mex name.c
>
> In a 32bits architecture everything is fine.
> Under 64 bits the file is correctly compiled, but the programs stops with the error
> Function "mxGetIr_700" is obsolete in file "compat32.cpp", line
> 282.
> (64-bit mex files using sparse matrices must be rebuilt with the
> "-largeArrayDims" option. See the R2006b release notes for more
> details.)
>
> I then compiled using the suggested option:
>

> >mex -largeArrayDims name.c
>
> and in this case I have an "out of memory" error.

Hello, Did you solve this problem? I have the exactly same error as yours. I am stuck in it. I really need help? I am writing my thesis using a toolbox (bnt). It has some mex file. When I call the mex file. It shows an error saying that matlab is running out of memory.