Topic: Quantity
Replies: 8   Last Post: Oct 8, 2013 3:10 AM

Itai Seggev

Re: PredictiveInterfaceOptions

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 08:25:01AM -0400, Ted Sariyski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remember the subject being discussed, but was unable to find
> references. The problem I have, is that once the typing assistant kicks
> off, it grabs the focus and ONLY a mouse click can release it. I tried
> to disable it, but Preferences->Editing Options->Private Editing
> Options->PredictiveInterfaceOptions doesn't provide any options for
> control, it is empty. What do I miss here? Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --Ted
>
> P.S. I run Mathematica 9.0.1 on Linux, x86_64/CentOS 6.4

I'm pleased to say that this focus bug is fixed in 10, so you won't have to
turn completion off once 10 is released (this bug drove me nuts, too). For
now, the eaisest way is the go into to Edit > Preferences and either uncheck
"Enable autocompletion" or introduce a delay so it only fires if you pause.

--
Itai Seggev
Mathematica Algorithms R&D