Topic: (infinity) A real story
Replies: 16   Last Post: Oct 15, 2013 3:30 PM

Michael F. Stemper

Re: (infinity) A real story

On 10/12/2013 05:17 PM, Bergholt Stuttley Johnson wrote:
> mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
>> potetntially infinite sets
>
> What's this?
> I've read the books "Set Theory" by Jech and Kunen,
> but nothing of "potentially infinite sets".

Trying to get the people who use this terminology to give
definitions of "potentially infinite set" and "actually
infinite set" has been frustrating and unproductive. This is
probably none of them would know a mathematical definition if
it crawled up their shoulder while singing the mathematical
definition song.

> You know more than Jech and Kunen?
> You're an idiot!

But we already knew that.

--
Michael F. Stemper
This email is to be read by its intended recipient only. Any other party