Topic: Who uses MATLAB?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 17, 2013 8:49 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Who uses MATLAB?

"Jeff " <spREMOVEHITSjeffAT@SIGNoptonline.net> wrote in message
> I hope this isn't too far off topic:

I'd consider it on-topic.

> Does anyone know where I can find out what companies in my area use
> MATLAB?

I'm not sure there's a better way than either calling them up and asking or
looking at their open jobs on various job websites and looking for jobs that
mention MATLAB.

> Does Mathworks have a consulting division?

Yes, it does.

http://www.mathworks.com/services/consulting/

Looking at the job search site, though, it doesn't appear as though there
are any open positions in Consulting at the moment.

http://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/opportunities/

> And where are good places to look if I am getting an MS in math and would
> like a job programming MATLAB?

Programming MATLAB or programming _using_ MATLAB? For the former, MathWorks;
for the latter, it depends on what branches of mathematics you've studied. I
recommend asking some of the professors in your department for
recommendations based on what you've studied; they may even have "an in"
with someone at a company in which you're interested.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com