Topic: Removing singularity at x=0 for integral
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 28, 2013 3:25 PM

Re: Removing singularity at x=0 for integral

On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:10:58 PM UTC-5, robin....@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:10:25 AM UTC+11, dsp...@netscape.net wrote:

> It doesn't matter whether the exponential goes to zero faster than the power.
> The fact is that you can't divide by zero in both the exponential and the power.

By the exponential going to zero faster than the power -> the limit does exist, and you should be able to remove the singularity.

In fact - I found that I can that by splitting x^-0.5 = x^0.5 * x^-2. Then use integration by parts. Letting dv = 1/x^2 * exp(-A/x) then you can easily integrate to find v.

Thanks for the help.