The Math Forum

Topic: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Replies: 23   Last Post: Dec 25, 2013 4:56 PM

Port563

Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?

"RedAcer" <redRed@tiscali.co.uk> wrote...
> On 15/12/13 16:59, Port563 wrote:
>> I participated in sci.math a long time ago. Now, I am older and rustier,
>> and my rust has rust.
>>
>> When I was last by this way, Prof. Lounesto had passed (in 2002), alas.
>>
>> And James Harris (of FLT infamy) was still busy polluting the group all
>> too
>> regularly.
>>
>> Only a few familiar names now - I note that the patient and tireless
>> Arturo
>> Magidin is still here. What happened to JSH, Arturo?
>>
>> Did JSH apologize or retract, or just fade away?
>>
>> I recall some trollster suggesting that JSH was an alter-ego of yours.
>> With all due respect to you, no one - I mean, no one - is intelligent
>> enough (and depraved enough) to create a facsimile JSH.
>>
>> For newcomers who know not of what I speak -
>> http://cs.hamilton.edu/~rdecker/FLT/
>> presents a highly sanitised view of one of JSH's less-appalling misses.

> This is probably him.
> <http://somemath.blogspot.co.uk/>

On the basis of material there, like:

[quote]
Years ago, probably I think when I was in college in the 1980's I first
heard people joking about the coming Zombie Apocalypse. And that was over 20
years ago but for some reason it's more current now. So I thought I'd
explain it the way I understand it.
[46 more lines]
[/quote]

... I agree with your diagnosis.

Date Subject Author
12/15/13
Read Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
RedAcer
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Peter Percival
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Jens Stuckelberger
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/17/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Rick Decker
12/17/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/20/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Rotwang
12/20/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
David Bernier
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
fom
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
fom
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/25/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/25/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Virgil