Topic: Heat equation for Partial differential equation
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 6, 2014 3:45 PM

fatih

Re: Heat equation for Partial differential equation

"Torsten" wrote in message <ladulj$4nm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "fatih " <mfatihk34@gmail.com> wrote in message <lads6r$g34$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I want to solve a heat equation like this
> >
> > du/dt=d^2u/dx^2,
> > u(x,0)=sin(x), u(0,t)=0, u(1,t)=0
> >
> > how can ? solve this equation with implicit finite difference method in matlab?

> Most probably you mean
> u(x,0)=sin(Pi*x).
>
> For the solution:
> help pdepe
>
> Best wishes
> Torsten.

Thank you very much. Sorry, I have forgetten to write sin(pix)

I look at pdepe.m code but it is expliciit numerical method. ? want to implicit n.m.