Topic: can we use ListVectorPlot to plot arrows? (tail at
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 23, 2014 2:48 AM

Itai Seggev

Re: can we use ListVectorPlot to plot arrows? (tail at

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 03:27:59AM -0500, Alan wrote:
> Is there an option that will force ListVectorPlot to plot
> arrows from the points to the displacement? (By default,
> the point is in the middle of the arrow, not at its tail.)
> Using VectorPoints -> All, of course.
>
> Thanks,
> Alan Isaac

VectorStyle -> "LeftArrow".

Do be honest, though, I find ListVectorPlot so difficult to use for these
simple vector visualization cases that I typically just construct it myself.

myListVectorPlot[data : {{{_, _}, {_, _}}?MatrixQ ..}] :=
Graphics[Arrow[{#[[1]], #[[1]] + #[[2]]}] & /@ data]

(*Insert styling as desired,like ColorData[1][1] to reproduce the Plot default
color*)

--
Itai Seggev
Mathematica Algorithms R&D