Topic: first anniversary of the IITS
Replies: 16   Last Post: Dec 19, 2014 2:16 PM

Albert D. Rich

From: Hawaii Island
Registered: 5/30/09
Re: first anniversary of the IITS

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:12:12 AM UTC-10, clicl...@freenet.de wrote:

> I expect further problems to surface if the detailed term-by-term visual
> check is extended to the remaining Chapters (i.e. 2, 5, 6, 8). Misprints
> in Timofeev's integrands are likely to show up in this way, and
> unexpected possibilities of simpler evaluations might too.

Yes, a systematic check of the proposed optimal antiderivatives in the test suite with the ones given in Timofeev's book may well turn up some simpler ones. But having authored 2 of the systems being tested, I am obviously a partisan in the symbolic integration wars.

So instead of me, several members of the computer algebra community should conduct a systematic check of the entire Charlwood and Timofeev test suites to ensure they are optimal and unbiased. I would happy to provide such a validation committee with machine readable copies of the proposed test suites in the syntax of several popular CA systems.

Albert