Topic: first anniversary of the IITS
Replies: 15   Last Post: Mar 26, 2014 4:42 PM

clicliclic@freenet.de

Re: first anniversary of the IITS

Albert Rich schrieb:

> On Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:12:12 AM UTC-10, clicl...@freenet.de wrote:
>

> > I expect further problems to surface if the detailed term-by-term visual
> > check is extended to the remaining Chapters (i.e. 2, 5, 6, 8). Misprints
> > in Timofeev's integrands are likely to show up in this way, and
> > unexpected possibilities of simpler evaluations might too.

> Yes, a systematic check of the proposed optimal antiderivatives in the
> test suite with the ones given in Timofeev's book may well turn up
> some simpler ones. But having authored 2 of the systems being tested,
> I am obviously a partisan in the symbolic integration wars.
>
> So instead of me, several members of the computer algebra community
> should conduct a systematic check of the entire Charlwood and Timofeev
> test suites to ensure they are optimal and unbiased. I would happy to
> provide such a validation committee with machine readable copies of
> the proposed test suites in the syntax of several popular CA systems.

I certainly didn't mean you, nor did I mean anybody in particular, but
on the other hand felt I obliged to indicate what kind of checking I did
and didn't do. Let's hope a kind soul is reading this!

Martin.