Topic: Two Finite Arithmetics
Replies: 19   Last Post: Apr 9, 2014 9:27 PM

William Elliot

Re: Two Finite Arithmetics

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014, Dan Christensen wrote:
> > > Here, I have translated your axioms into DC Proof format. Download my
> > > software, enter these axioms (the "@" is mapped to epsilon) and see what
> > > you can do with them. You have to construct your own proofs one line at
> > > a time, but the software will not let you make mistakes. Instant
> > > feedback is provided with each line you enter it. You might start by
> > > proving the associativity and commutativity of + and * as you have
> > > defined them. You can get started using with the tutorial or user
> > > manual.

> > I will not.
> Here's your big chance to test your theory, William!
> Oh, well.

I can do better proving the theormes myself than to
rely upon software of a bumbling mathmatician.

For example, for all x /= m, x /= Sx
Don't take my advise. Choose instead,
to let me scoop your ideas first.

Any other theorems you or your unreknown software,
can't prove in naive finite arithmetic? Wake up,
some of them are going to be different than the
theorems for Peano's Axioms.