Topic: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jun 20, 2014 4:00 PM

Dirk Van de moortel

Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?

John Gabriel <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 June 2014 15:54:31 UTC+2, Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
>

>> He might have missed the apostrophe in f'.
>
> Like you he misses a lot of things.
>

>>> He keeps getting it wrong. Gee, I wish that clowns would stop
>>> posting crap.

>> Perhaps you should be an example then.
>
> How about you practise what you preach? Just because you understood
> this part does not mean you know everything now! You are wrong about
> so many things which you have failed to understand.

Take the function f(x) = 1/x.
See if you can prove continuity at x=1 with *your* equivalence:
For all epsilon > 0, Exist delta > 0,
such that for all x:
|x-1| < delta <==> |1/x-1| < epsilon

Take epsilon = 2.
Give me that delta,and I'll give you an x that does
NOT satisfy the equivalence.

Dirk Vdm

Date Subject Author
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem? JG doesn't know!
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Wizard-Of-Oz
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Port563
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/20/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem? JG doesn't know!
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Jeff Hebert
6/19/14
Read Re: The Mean value Theorem in the New Calculus
Jeff Hebert
6/19/14
Read Re: The Mean value Theorem in JG's UNNew UNCalculus
Virgil
6/20/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
hoffman@spectre.com
6/20/14