Topic: Don't Teach Math, Coach It
Replies: 5   Last Post: Aug 7, 2014 10:18 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Don't Teach Math, Coach It

'israeliteknight' posted Aug 7, 2014 5:54 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9547048):

> ('israeliteknight', quoting GSC): "In India, we'd need
> something else. At this point of
> our history, the 'coaching' metaphor probably won't
> work very well here."
>
> ('israeliteknight', offering his 'expert' opinion):
> Judging by your performance, or lack thereof, on
> PISA, the teaching metaphor is even worse.

Here we have, no doubt, an instance of that famous "CALCULUS!" (leading to ancient/medieval 'Navigation'), of which 'israeliteknight') has often written here at Math-teach as well as, for all I know, in his truly wondrous website: "THE CHRISTIAN PARTY: Father's Manifesto" (http://fathersmanifesto.net/).

Strong recommendation from GSC: If ever you need a wonderful laugh, something far more uproarious than anything even Laurel & Hardy ever gave us, then you MUST check out that wondrous website from 'israeliteknight'.

But CAUTION!!! You MUST keep an ambulance on standby in your immediate vicinity, in case you bust a gut laughing out loud!

GSC
("Still Shoveling!")