Topic: Six Myths in the New York Times Math Article by Elizabeth
Green

Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 12, 2014 8:31 AM

Bishop, Wayne

Re: Six Myths in the New York Times Math Article by Elizabeth
Green

At 04:22 PM 8/11/2014, Jerry Becker wrote:

Loveless's last Myth fails to be a myth because of his own
explanation. In spite of the words, the constructivists have already
- - and successfully - had their way as evidenced by both SBAC and
PARCC. Unfortunately, what gets tested is what gets taught. Even
"the standard algorithms" of elementary school arithmetic are left to
fuzzy reinterpretation.

Wayne