The Math Forum

Topic: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
Replies: 20   Last Post: Sep 5, 2014 4:14 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv

On Friday, August 15, 2014 11:35:11 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Now let me ask a question out of curiousity. Perhaps I asked this before on Goldbach. What can we do with perfect squares as sums. Here are the first several perfect-squares 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, . . and the question I ask is can they provide us with a Goldbach type of conjecture. Could we say that all numbers, both even and odd are the sum of no more than 4 perfect-squares? Say for instance 15 is the sum of 1+1+4+9 = 15.
>

> So, what can we do with perfect-squares rather than with primes?

I think I might be onto something for I do not recall any conjecture or theorem for perfect squares constructing all the Naturals. Now suppose 4 perfect-squares can construct all the naturals, then, what would be a conjecture of how many primes construct all Naturals beyond 5? It would be nice if we could take 1 as prime and then we could say that all Naturals are the sum of no more than 3 primes by using Goldbach and 1.

Now, given only even numbers we cannot get any odd numbers, but given only odd numbers we can get all Naturals beyond 0 by 2 odd numbers added. So here is a case where even numbers are handicapped versus odd numbers and that rarely happens.

AP

Date Subject Author
8/7/14
Read professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/9/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/12/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/14/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/16/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/20/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read you tdo trivial better than any thing
Brian Q. Hutchings
9/4/14
Read new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect
squares #2019 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect
squares #2020 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read 439 and does it have perfect squares? Re: new Conjecture Primes the
sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read conjecture still holding up Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or
subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read Starting to piece together of proof of this Conjecture-- add or
subtract two perfect squares yields all the primes
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read Proof of the Conjecture-- subtract two perfect squares yields all the
primes beyond 3 #2020 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/16/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
Dan Christensen